Gravity Ace is a 2D multi-directional gravity shooter (cave-flyer). It is a modernized retro arcade-style game inspired by classic 80s games like Thrust and Gravitar. You are The Pilot, a volunteer in the United Earth Navy, trained to fly behind enemy lines on daring, high-risk missions to sabotage the enemy and bring the war to a quick end. Pilots must master flying, shooting, and tractor beams in dangerous gravity wells to survive.
- Gravity physics based gameplay requiring skillful play and determination
- Fuel management that requires careful maneuvering to conserve enough fuel to escape
- Modern retro-styled arcade gameplay
- Physics simulation of everything that moves
- 2D with pixel art graphics
- Single-player campaign
- Create your own challenges and stories with the built-in level creator
- Original soundtrack
Early Access Trailer
Level builder timelapse
Can I stream it? Review it?
YES. You may create vidoes, streams, fanart, and reviews using images and video and sound from Gravity Ace.
Contact me for questions and download keys.
About John Watson
John is a husband and father, artist, guitar player, and game developer. Gravity Ace is John’s first commercial release. He is developing the game solo, like a madman, and is very tired.
Design, art, sound, and programming: John Watson
Level design: Peter “PitaBread” Doria
Music: Andrew “Drewpy” Larsen
Special thanks: Irene, Maria, Steven, Javier, Max, Nick, Tony, Hoa, Miguel, Avea, OC Indies, Discord peeps and test pilots